Monday, February 6, 2017

A Day In The Anti-Life - Medium Massacre!


I did not intend to do another one of these for a while but then the clown car driven by our "so-called" President got personal. My daughter who lives in Bowling Green, Kentucky e-mailed me at work the other day and said not to worry that she had survived the "Bowling Green Massacre". I had no idea what the heck she was talking about in that moment and with a mote of true concern immediately responded as a parent is wont to do (helplessly with a dash of mild panic). But then I garnered a strain of satire in her note and decided to google the phrase "Bowling Green Massacre" and learned that Kellyanne Conway (she of the infamous "Alternate Facts") had babbled on about some sort of shoot out in Bowling Green Kentucky in 2011, and was using this imaginary bloodbath to justify the current attempts by our "so-called" President's team to keep out students, doctors and cancer patients from seven mostly Muslim countries. But like so many Trumpian pronouncements the truth took a hit, a palpable hit. Here is the true story of what happened in Bowling Green in 2011, well within the living memories of most Americans. (And by the way are you listening Chris Mathews, that tingle running down your leg is your credibility burning up -- call this crap out when it happens.)


Such misbegotten missteps would've forced most spokesmen (and women) to have walked the plank by now (or jumped ship at the very least). But in the morass which is led by the most brazen liar the modern world has ever had to suffer in high office, she's but a small fish in the very murky pond. But this uproar did spark a lot of snarky response, some of it quite funny. See the bogus landmark marker above which some talented soul has fashioned with dazzling digital skills. That got a straight up guffaw from me. The Frederick Douglass line is just "amazing".


As absurd and unintentionally hilarious as this most recent humbug is (still early in the morning so it could be topped at any moment at the rate this gang pops off ) there's a core to this nonsense which is truly scary. The "Bowling Green Massacre" is now in the bloodstream of the internets (I'm adding to it right now) and will still be believed as a true thing years from now by those determined to make themselves comfortable with the current "so-called" President's cretinous confederation. It joins similar balderdash like the fake moon landing, Bigfoot, and our "so-called" President's popular vote victory on the grassy knoll of nonsense. Truth and objective reality are taking a shellacking right now in this land of ours,and I don't see any sign of it letting up, but those of us with clear eyes and ready memories must battle on. We are about to enter a realm which Orwell could only begin to imagine where not only will facts not matter, but they will change fortnightly (or even more quickly it seems) to suit the immediate wants and needs of those in power.


The "Bowling Green Massacre" never happened. But the casualties of that bogus battle in a southern Kentucky town might well be each and every one of us, and we will suffer from it for a very long time to come.

Rip Off

5 comments:

  1. I think it'd be simpler to refer to them as "alt facts."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many and defining them will be increasingly difficult. People believe some crazy shit and now we have a leadership which is intent it seems on throwing more on the pile.

      Rip Off

      Delete
  2. I was wondering what people in Bowling Green thought about it.

    I can't believe Conway hasn't been fired. I thought Trump loved firing people. I think he told her too many of his secrets and is unable to fire her because of it.

    It is very scary times. I feel like there are two realities now based on your political leanings. As Democrats we know the other side is nuts, but to them, I guess we seem just as crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fact she's not been fired makes it all somehow that it's part of a plan. Throwing all this dazzle into the atmosphere just makes folks jump at shadows. It's getting really dangerous and I don't like what I feel I'm beginning to suspect about our current "so-called" President. It makes me feel like a conspiracy nut, but then not all conspiracies are untrue.

      Rip Off

      Delete
  3. I had absolutely no symptoms or warnings that I had cancer. In March 2007 I suddenly felt like I had diarrhea but it was all blood and I went to the ER. I bled profusely through the rectum for an hour or so until they got it stopped. The doctor did a colonoscopy and found a stage II cancer, i was devastated when my doctor broke the sad news to me because i thought that was the end for me because i have heard so much news about how cancer have stolen away the lives of patients. With time i developed a 'belly' when all my life my abdomen was flat. I was still in my search for a cure after undergoing chemo and radiation thrice Until a friend of mine directed me to doctor Amber and advised me to try alternative medicine, which i did because then my doctor was no longer helpful at all and i had given up on myself. I got the herbal medicine which was relatively small in size, which i took for 10 weeks. For the past two and half years, I have had two additional colonoscopies and two CT scans, plus blood tests. So far, no recurrence, i am indeed really grafeful to GOD and Dr.Amber who stood by me and made all this happen through his medicine. Never give up hope and if you find yourself in the situation i was some years ago you can also contact him too via his personal email drambermurray@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete