Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!


The coming year is going to be a good one I hope and pray. The infamous 2012 has been okay, but typically I yearn for a fresh start in many areas of life. Indulge me in an annual reflection.

My wife's health proved to continue to be a tribulation this past year, but thanks to some new technology her profound back pain has been brought under control. Also her second knee replacement surgery should now allow her after several years of limitations to regain mobility and some degree of independence. As always we plan to stay away from hospitals and doctors and such, but one never knows.

My daughters have found some personal and professional stability this past year. Careers continue to plug along in the new economy and indications are right now that things will continue to improve. It was a very nice holiday this past week or so when they were in and everyone seemed to have a wonderful time. Smiles and laughter were the order of the day nearly every day and that's a blessing. I miss them, and that's a good thing.

My own professional situation has stabilized this past year and with luck I hope to finish out my career in my current school. It's a top notch institution with high standards, and that pushes you every day to dig in a little harder and push a little more. Financially there's always room to improve, and with some discipline and good planning and some luck we can end 2013 ahead of schedule a bit.

On the pop culture front, I'm planning this coming year to buy far less and take still greater advantage of the riches I have stacked up in various places in the house. This past year has been a great one for reading vintage pulp adventures.  I have scores of pulp reprints to read, piles of vintage comic strip collections to peruse, and shelves full of vintage television shows and films to watch. I've plenty to dig into, lots to keep me occupied.

Now that we have all survived doomsday its time to enjoy life as much as possible. I sure plan to do so. I hope you do too. Happy New Year!

Rip Off

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year
    There Is No Doomsday With
    Your Blog Is A Go To
    Doc Savage
    Web Wilder
    Just The FUN Go To Blog
    Thank You
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete