Wednesday, November 7, 2012

To Be Continued!

Howard Chaykin and Tom Palmer


Now that the House of Mouse has added the Star Wars franchise to its vast array of entertainment assets, it seems that history's longest, most elaborate, and most expensive movie serial will continue.

I'm of two minds on this. I'm glad for fans of the series that they will get to see more of this expansive sci-fi universe, I'm looking forward to it too. But on the other hand, I felt contented with the six films we have, as if the story I've been waiting most of my life to see had concluded, at least its major arc.

Now I think there will not be an ending in that way, and that special connection to my generation, the ones who were mesmerized by the Star Wars phenomenon has been sundered.

That's smart business sense, that good for current young fans, and future ones. But I feel a bit sad. It's strange.

Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment