Monday, October 1, 2012

Showcasing The Spectre!

































All of these fantastic and fearsome Spectre adventures are contained between the covers of the exceedingly thick (over 600 pages) Showcase Presents The Spectre from DC Comics. The material here spans the years from 1966 to 1983, nearly two decades of Spectre action.


 I've been saving this wonderfully vivid volume full of artwork by Murphy Anderson, Jerry Grandenetti, Neal Adams, Jim Aparo, Jim Starlin, Nick Cardy and others for October, the month dedicated these days to such frightful entertainments. It should be a blast!

Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. Pretty cool Rip. I have to admit I really don't know too much about the Spectre, other than he's creepy, and now he is Hal Jordan (I think). Ugh..New 52, I like the Old 52. But I digress, I used to have Spectre #1, I'm sure I read it, but I don't remember too much about it. The Showcase volume sounds like it's worth checking out (600 pages!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm well into it at this time and I have to say it's holding up quite well. The early Gardner Fox stories are rich mines of the things he is famous for and I rather liked the way they set up the Spectre and Corrigan. It changes over time sure. I always wondered why there was a biplane in that Brave and Bold cover with the Flash and now I know.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete