Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cincinnati Comic Expo 2011!


Sadly as of now, I'll be missing this year's Cincinnati Comic Expo. My partner-in-comics has had to pull out of our trip up to the Queen City and it's likely just as well. I'm going to have to make a trip to Louisville tomorrow with my beloved spouse, and it's a bit much to travel two days in a row, at least for my geezer bones.

This year's Expo is in a larger venue and that means that parking has become something of an issue too. There's a big festival in Cincinnati this week, Oktoberfest, and that will put pressure on the parking downtown for sure. So I'm a bit unsure how all that will shake out.

It's a decent show this year, but aside from Jim Steranko and Jose Delbo (mostly the latter for his Charlton work) there are few pros I'm absolutely eager to meet. I imagine the line for Steranko will be heroic. Also my budget for comics this month has been largely shot, so prowling for back issues was not really a big option. The few trades I'm looking for I can find elsewhere I'm sure.

So I've got a bunch of excuses, but nonetheless I'll be sorry to miss the second annual event. Hopefully they'll do a good business and there will be a third one next year.

Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. I failed to get down to the Baltimore Con against this year. As well as the Philadelphia one which somehow sneaked up on me. So you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd been planning to go, but it just didn't happen. Trudging to these things to wander around alone ain't much fun I've found. I like to have a partner, and this year my buddy had other responsibilities to follow up on.

    Ah well, life goes on.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete