Thursday, September 29, 2011

Back To The Swamp!


Seeing the Swamp Thing movie recently got me to hankering to read those vintage Len Wein and Berni Wrightson stories again. Though I missed out when they first hit the stands and only picked up one issue of the run at the time.





By the middle 70's I was plugged in and got all the stories in reprint form when they were run on a sort of annual basis more or less in the DC Special issues.


Several years ago I picked up a copy of the Dark Genesis trade. More recently I found a digest reprint of all the classic Wein-Wrightson issues. It's this one I'm going to toss into my briefcase for some downtime distraction at work. These visits to the swamp might be just the dose to relax a weary soul on a hard day.

Rip Off

1 comment:

  1. for me Swamp Thing will be always Nestor Redondo's version, as i first picked up an issue with #13-----it was nearly 15 years later did i finally go back and read the Wrightson issues.there's something wonderful and interesting about both versions, but to this day i prefer Redondo.

    ReplyDelete