Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Pop-Up Spirit!


I wish I'd have an extra $35 bucks to drop on this neat bit of Spirit ephemera when I chanced across it at my local Borders. It's a fun thing, but it's hard to justify on any terms other than novelty.




They at least selected a solid Spirit tale to adapt into this peculiar format. The Sand Saref story was the basis of the ill-fated movie. It was adapted from another bit of work Eisner did titled original "John Law".


For a quick comparison see this link.


The cover itself comes from this iconic Spirit section. This is part of the John Law adaptation which became the Sand Saref story.


And of course it inspired the first Warren Spirit cover by Basil Gogos.

Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. I saw the Spiderman museum book at Borders but I couldn't justify the $20 price on that either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about that one. I've gotten the DC and the Marvel ones, finding them on sale, but I don't think I'm ready for a single hero. Too limited in focus.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete