Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Savage Avengers!


This is a rather brutal looking batch of Assemblers. Everyone is a bit off model, with a somewhat more savage and ferocious look. It's the work of Franc Reyes and if my memory serves, it's the back cover of FantaCo's Avengers Chronicles.

This is a group of supertypes that lives up the name "Avengers".

UPDATE: My memory did not serve very well at all. I've been very rightly corrected that the source for this was The Marvel Comics Index #3. Here's the front cover, a sturdy piece of art by Neal Adams.


Rip Off

4 comments:

  1. I don't know where that's from, but the FantaCo Chronicles issue had front and back covers by George Perez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. I thought that was the source, but I didn't dig my copy out to verify. I have this back cover art somewhere I know.

    It's a mystery now.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Marvel Comics Index Vol. 1, No. 3

    http://www.comicsresearch.org/entries/olshevsky3.html

    http://www.mycomicshop.com/comicbooks/item?IID=9566261

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info. I've updated the posting.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete