Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Phantom - Year One!


Today's my birthday, and with my beloved wife's blessing I picked out a present for myself. I bought the freshly released The Phantom Complete Dailies 1936-1937 at my local comics store. I quickly cancelled my pre-order on Amazon which still shows the book as unavailable. Sigh.

I've been eager to see this volume, but the delays over the past year have been frustrating to say the least. And even now the volume which originally promised two years of continuities in one volume only delivers one (for the same price I'll add). But it's still neat to have the first Phantom story by Lee Falk and Ray Moore in my mitts.


I'm not heartened by the things I see Dynamite planning for the Ghost Who Walks, but I'm confident the earliest adventures have the right stuff.

I'll settle in later today and give that initial story a good solid read. School's out and I've a pretty quiet summer to look forward to, the first I've taken off since I started teaching over twenty years ago. We can't really afford to travel, but I still get to go to Africa, at least the Africa of Lee Falk's and Ray Moore's fertile imaginations.

Rip Off

1 comment: