Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bill DuBay RIP


Word is spreading that Bill DuBay, longtime Warren editor and writer has passed away.


He broke in doing fan press stuff, and showed up at Charlton in Go-Go drawing Blooperman with Roy Thomas.


The name first came up on my scope when I started reading Warren magazines, especially Vampirella. But the first thing I think of when I hear the name DuBay is The Rook. That time-traveling hero, much forgotten these days, was a real pulp throwback in a time overwhelmed by angst-ridden sots, the Rook was full of good old fashioned derring-do and big time fun.


I also remember DuBay writing for lots of the early direct sales books too. He seemed to me to be an indicator of a solid reliable script.


There is also a remnant of a series he wanted to do for the Atlas-Seaboard outfit called Wonderland. All that exists of that aborted project is some unpublished artwork.

Here's a link with more details about his career.

Thanks for some great comics Mr.DuBay.

Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment