Thursday, February 4, 2010

My First E-Mail!


I've rarely been as thrilled in my comics reading life as when I was asked to contribute a letter of comment to an issue of E-Man.

I first stumbled across Charlton's E-Man in my last year of high school. I was looking for different things and E-Man was just the right cup of different tea. Sadly by the time I wrapped my first year of college the book was no more, but it re-ignited my adoration for Charlton which has persisted to this day.


E-Man though has had a rich history apart from Charlton. After the first run was cancelled, four issues were reprinted under Charlton's Modern label in the late 70's. Then in the early 80's First Comics revived the character. But Nick Cuti was unable to participate until almost the very end of the run, and despite Joe Staton's noble efforts that run of E-Man is still pretty grand, but the old magic was just not quite there.


Then Nick and Joe started doing E-Man stories here and there along with Mike Mauser stories once in a while. The showed up at Comico and Alpha Comics with issues. E-Man was in cameos here and there. Most recently Digital Webbing has offered up some issues getting out three new stories in as many years, though we are past due right now for the next one. I fear we are in another drought alas.



But for the most recent issue of E-Man I was contacted by some folks who know of my ardor for the character and they passed my name onto the guys at Digital Webbing and they offered me the chance to preview the book and write a letter of comment. The turnaround time was pretty tight, but I'm pretty pleased with the result. And to have a letter of mine on an actual E-Man letter's page is pretty keen. I'm right proud.

Now I just wish I had another issue to hanker after. I'm itching to write another letter or two or ten.

Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment