Monday, May 25, 2009

The Best Of Simon And Kirby!


I've been wanting this book since I first saw it, but the price kept me away. It was a just a hair above what I pop for a book when it's not an essential part of the collection. And it always seemed some back issues were more pressing. But yesterday I used a neat little coupon and picked this up from Borders for a very nice price indeed, nearly half-price. I feel better about life in general and I have a copy of this pretty neat collection.

I haven't plumbed its depths yet, but my first scans show a surprisingly wide array of Simon & Kirby material. There's stuff from Timely's Captain Ameria to National's Sandman and Boy Commandos to MLJ's The Fly to n many of the Crestwood stories. Blue Bolt is here, the guys from Boys Ranch are here, Bulls-Eye is here, Stuntman is here, and Fighting American is here. There is superhero action, romance, war, and horror. There's even some humor from Simon's Sick days.

This is a beautiful and broad collection. There appears to be little text setting up the stories, the stories are the feature here for sure. This is a neat addtion to the collection.

Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment